Find a HVAC Profesional in Eddington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Eddington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Eddington, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Eddington, Maine. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eddington, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.