Find a HVAC Profesional in Eastport, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Eastport, Maine. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Eastport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Eastport, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eastport, Maine. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.