Find a HVAC Profesional in East Machias, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in East Machias, Maine. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // East Machias
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in East Machias, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in East Machias, Maine. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.