Find a HVAC Profesional in Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Cape Elizabeth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Cape Elizabeth, Maine
When you need roofing maintenance services in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.