Find a HVAC Profesional in Calais, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Calais
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Calais, Maine
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Calais, Maine, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.