Find a HVAC Profesional in Brooklin, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Brooklin, ME. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Brooklin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brooklin, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brooklin, ME. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.