Find a HVAC Profesional in Bremen, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Bremen, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Bremen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bremen, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bremen, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.