Find a HVAC in Bar Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Maine // Bar Harbor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bar Harbor, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Bar Harbor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing work?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Bar Harbor, ME. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bar Harbor, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Bar Harbor, ME. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.