Find a Profesional in Bangor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Bangor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bangor, MaineSearch Results // Maine // Bangor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what stage should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What kind of prices are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the best season for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bangor, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bangor, ME. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.