Find a HVAC Profesional in Bailey Island, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Maine // Bailey Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bailey Island, Maine
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Bailey Island, Maine. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bailey Island, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.