Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Ashland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Maine // Ashland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Do window air conditioners require a freon recharge to give optimal performance?
Your window air conditioner is likely a closed refrigerant system that won't need recharging with freon anytime during its service life. If it does ever need to be recharged, it usually means there is a leak within the unit, and you need a professional to take care of the job. If the unit is not cooling correctly, follow these recommended troubleshooting tips to help you know if the malfunction is related to depleted freon or something more likely:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for grease spots on or underneath the unit accompanied with a musty or sweet smell. Freon is usually imperceptible to the senses in the case of a leak, but a major one might result in a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific model provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your appliance contains evaporator or condenser coils that also need to be kept clean to ensure it functions properly.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the unit requires adequate airflow to function correctly. Make sure that nothing obstructs airflow, including shrubs or furniture, and clear them if so.
If you have zero experience carrying out these troubleshooting tasks or feel overwhelmed doing them alone, consider enlisting a professional to handle the job for you. A window air conditioner repair contractor in Ashland, Maine can determine which one of these issues may be impacting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. A professional can also tell if the leak is a result of a defective unit, potentially getting you a refund if the manufacturer provides a warranty.
Is it worth repairing a window air conditioning unit?
Putting in whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Ashland, Maine and isn't a choice for people renting or with financial constraints. A cost-efficient substitute is window air conditioning units, but even these will cost hundreds of dollars. Replacing these units will be more expensive than repairs, making it a smart investment in the long run.
Opting to fix current window air conditioners rather than replacing them may come down to your long-term goals. If you are planning to install a whole-home HVAC system in your residence, maintaining curent window units might be a necessary short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have advantages over whole-home systems, like better energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to work as supplemental cooling and heating alongside central air. Consider your needs and goals and weigh them against the price of repair services offered by contractors on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be acceptable.
How should I choose the best window air conditioner repair contractor?
It will be a wise idea to do your research before picking a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. Whether you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-off service in Ashland, Maine, check for these key features from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners available, and some function with a variety of systems and features. Always make sure the contractor you're vetting has knowledge of your specific brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You should verify that the contractor has the proper accreditation to conduct repairs in Ashland, Maine and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your appliance may have a warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Picking a contractor that offers warranties on their work will give you confidence.
- Service Schedule - Normal business hours aren't always convenient for effectively cooling and heating your home. Consider window air conditioner repair professionals who offer on-call services in case your appliance fails over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most reliable repair professionals will show references from past customers vouching for their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to understand how effectively the contractor provides quality work and customer satisfaction.
What is the most frequent issue in window air conditioners?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner stops working to find repair services in Ashland, Maine. Evaluate your appliance for any of these common issues to decide if calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner should last ten years, though scheduled repairs can increase its service life to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to perform preventive maintenance if your unit is near its manufacturer-rated lifespan, particularly if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Noises - It's common for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden noises as it powers on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding noises are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or moldy smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates could be a sign it should be repaired. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, while mold is a detriment to your health.
- Higher Electric Bills - A broken window air conditioner could be drawing more electricity than is necessary when functioning correctly. Hire a professional to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than expected whenever the appliance runs.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Contractors on Thumbtack
Experienced window air conditioner repair contractors in Ashland, Maine are waiting to be found on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable HVAC system can be cost-efficient if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't exceed the cost of buying a new one. With the high price you should expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service appointment right away.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling units made to be put in a window or a specially designed opening in a wall. These machines are often used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business applications. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window air conditioner can efficiently cool or heat a space any time of year. It's common for some parts to eventually fail from heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
Whether you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever issues come up, an expert repair person has the tools and experience to do the job quickly. Contractors providing HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated chemicals like freon used in self-contained cooling systems. A professional will also have experience working with the many complex components inside these units and can even clean them to prolong their service life. Things to consider when picking a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, client reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack to help you effortlessly and reliably maintain one of your home's most essential systems.