Find a Profesional in Alfred, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Maine // Alfred
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofers come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Alfred, ME. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Alfred, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Alfred, ME. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Alfred, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.