Find a HVAC in Somerville, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Somerville, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Somerville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Somerville, MA. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement project?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Somerville, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Somerville, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Somerville, MA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.