Find a HVAC Profesional in Peabody, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Peabody, MA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Peabody, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Peabody, MA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.