Find a Profesional in Oxford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Massachusetts // Oxford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oxford, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Oxford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I schedule services with a roofer?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the proper time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Oxford, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Oxford, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.