Find a Profesional in Otis, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the typical costs related to fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What time of year is ideal for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Otis, Massachusetts
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Otis, Massachusetts, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.