Find a HVAC Profesional in North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // North Weymouth
Roofing Maintenance Companies in North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in North Weymouth, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.