Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
How should I choose the right window air conditioner repair technician?
It will be best to do your due diligence before picking a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the most for your money. Regardless if you're searching for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off repair in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are many types of window air conditioners available, and some have different systems and features. Always ensure the contractor you're considering has knowledge of your specific make and model before hiring.
- Certification - You should verify that the technician has the proper licenses to do repairs in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner could have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the price of the service. Choosing a contractor that provides guarantees on their labor will bring you added peace of mind.
- Service Schedule - Normal business hours aren't always convenient for effectively cooling and heating your house. You may find window air conditioner repair professionals who offer on-call services in the event your unit goes down over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most proven contractors will have references from previous clients vouching for their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to understand how efficiently the technician provides quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
What is the most frequent problem in window air conditioning units?
You shouldn't wait for the moment your window air conditioner stops working to find repair services near Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts. Evaluate your unit for any of these common issues to know if calling in a professional is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner should last ten years, though scheduled repairs can increase the lifespan to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your unit is near its prime, particularly if you notice any performance issues.
- Strange Noises - It's common for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden sounds as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or musty smells coming from the window air conditioner as it runs means it needs to be repaired. Wiring problems could result in a fire, while mold is a danger to indoor air quality.
- Higher Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner may be drawing more electricity than is necessary when functioning properly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than expected whenever the machine runs.
On average, how frequently do window air conditioners demand repair work?
Hopefully, you bought a quality window air conditioner, which will survive around ten years before needing to be replaced. In the meantime, regular maintenance and repairs are recommended once or twice a year to ensure it operates correctly and gives the most extended life possible.
The ideal time to get your window air conditioner repaired in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts is in the spring before it sees heavy use in the summer, and once in the fall before the heating feature becomes necessary over the winter. Other than repairs, an expert can safely open the unit if needed to clean its parts before further issues pop up. Cleaning the inside of the unit is the only way to inhibit mold from developing that could jeopardize your air quality. Any dirt or debris that falls into the unit will also diminish overall performance if not removed.
Window air conditioner repairs are relatively affordable and helps to preserve your investment as long as possible until buying a new one becomes absolutely necessary. You might be able to find discount rates if you hire a professional to provide regular repair and cleaning services throughout the year. Compare repair pros on the Thumbtack platform and find one matching your budget and schedule.
Is it standard to replenish the freon in window air conditioners?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed refrigerant system that won't need replenishing with freon at all during its lifespan. If it does ever need recharging, it typically is a sign of a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to handle the job. If the unit is not cooling correctly, follow these basic troubleshooting steps to help you know if the issue is related to low freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for greasy spots on or beneath the unit accompanied by a musty or sweet odor. Freon is usually imperceptible to the eyes and nose in the case of a leak, but a big one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific model provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your unit contains evaporator or condenser coils that also should be cleaned to ensure it functions efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the unit requires enough airflow to operate. Make sure that nothing obstructs airflow, like plants or other materials, and remove them if so.
If you have no experience conducting these troubleshooting measures or are uncomfortable doing them yourself, consider hiring a professional to handle it all for you. A window air conditioner repair professional near Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts can establish which one of these issues may be affecting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. A professional can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty unit, possibly getting you a refund if the manufacturer offers a warranty.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner By Hiring Repair Professionals on Thumbtack
Expert window air conditioner repair contractors in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts are standing by to be hired on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable HVAC unit can be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than buying a new one. With the high price you should expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your wallet and the comfort of your home by scheduling a service date right away.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling units designed to be installed in a window or a specially designed opening in the wall. These machines are often used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for residential and business settings. Much less expensive than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window system can effectively cool or heat a room any season of the year. It's common for some parts to finally break down from heavy use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when you need it most.
Regardless if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs when issues arise, an expert repair professional will have the tools and training to do the job quickly. Contractors specializing in HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. A professional will also have experience repairing the many complex components within these units and can even clean them to prolong their lifespan. Things to look for when selecting a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, service hours, and price. Similar information and more can be found on Thumbtack so you can conveniently and reliably maintain one of your home's most critical systems.