Find a HVAC Profesional in New Salem, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near New Salem, MA
When you need roofing maintenance services in New Salem, MA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.