Find a Profesional in Needham Heights, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Massachusetts // Needham Heights
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Needham Heights, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Needham Heights
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected rate for roof maintenance services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Needham Heights, Massachusetts
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Needham Heights, Massachusetts, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.