Find a HVAC in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the most suitable season for roofing work?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Nantucket, Massachusetts. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the correct occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Nantucket, Massachusetts
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Nantucket, Massachusetts, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.