Find a HVAC Profesional in Nahant, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Nahant, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // Nahant
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Nahant, MA
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Nahant, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.