Find a Profesional in Monterey, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the correct time to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Monterey, Massachusetts
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Monterey, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.