Find a HVAC Profesional in Millbury, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Millbury, MA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Millbury, MA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.