Find a HVAC Profesional in Mendon, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Mendon, MA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Mendon, MA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.