Find a Profesional in Medford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Massachusetts // Medford
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Medford, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Medford
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
At which season should I book roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Medford, MA
If you need roofing maintenance services in Medford, MA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.