Find a HVAC in Malden, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Malden, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Malden
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Malden, MA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Malden, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Malden, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.