Find a HVAC Profesional in Lincoln, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lincoln, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lincoln, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lincoln, Massachusetts. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.