Find a Profesional in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Massachusetts // Lawrence
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lawrence, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Lawrence
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal season for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lawrence, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Lawrence, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.