Find a Profesional in Ipswich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Massachusetts // Ipswich
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ipswich, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Ipswich
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing work?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which time is best to arrange for my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Ipswich, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Ipswich, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.