Find a HVAC Profesional in Hyannis, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hyannis, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Hyannis, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.