Find a Profesional in Huntington, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Huntington, MA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Huntington, MA
When you need roofing maintenance services in Huntington, MA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.