Find a Profesional in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hopkinton, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Hopkinton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the project.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hopkinton, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hopkinton, MA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.