Find a HVAC Profesional in Hopedale, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hopedale, MA. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hopedale, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Hopedale, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hopedale, MA. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.