Find a HVAC Profesional in Hingham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Hingham, Massachusetts
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hingham, Massachusetts. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.