Find a HVAC Profesional in Hadley, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Hadley, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Hadley, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hadley, MA. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.