Find a HVAC Profesional in Grafton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Grafton, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Grafton, MA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.