Find a HVAC in Erving, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Erving, MA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Erving, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Erving, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Erving, MA. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.