Find a HVAC Profesional in Dover, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Dover, MA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dover, MA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Dover, MA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.