Find a HVAC Profesional in Devens, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Devens, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Devens, Massachusetts. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Devens, Massachusetts. Find the right contractor for your home today.