Find a HVAC in Cohasset, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cohasset, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Cohasset
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing jobs?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Cohasset, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Cohasset, MA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.