Find a Profesional in Chesterfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical rate charged by roofing experts for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Chesterfield, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Chesterfield, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.