Find a Profesional in Brewster, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix a roof top?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brewster, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Brewster, MA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.