Find a HVAC in Bellingham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bellingham, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Bellingham
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing professionals generally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bellingham, Massachusetts
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Bellingham, Massachusetts, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.