Find a Profesional in Athol, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Athol, MA. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Athol, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Athol, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Athol, MA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.