Find a HVAC in Allston, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Allston, MassachusettsSearch Results // Massachusetts // Allston
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What rate can be expected for roof maintenance services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Allston, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Allston, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.