Find a Profesional in Waterproof, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Waterproof, Louisiana. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget for rooftop maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Waterproof, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Waterproof, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.