Find a HVAC Profesional in Waterproof, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Waterproof
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Waterproof, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Waterproof, Louisiana. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.