Find a Profesional in Washington, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Washington, LA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Washington, LA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Washington, LA. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.