Find a HVAC in Walker, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for repairing a rooftop?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Walker, Louisiana
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Walker, Louisiana. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.